On a Sunday afternoon in June, Sophia Gorriarian celebrated her 16th birthday in a state 3,000 miles from where she lives in Rhode Island. The youngest athlete running in the 2021 U.S. Olympic Track and Field Trials, Gorriaran was just four days away from one of the biggest 800-meter races of her life, on the biggest stage she had ever competed. While she’s already a world-class athlete as a rising junior in high school, and a star lacrosse player for Moses Brown School and the Mass Elite Lacrosse Club, Gorriaran is still just a kid. Read More
- Sept 13 – Sept 19, Highlights and Lowlights
- Williams, Rapinoe, Biles: Who are the top 10 highest paid sportswomen today?
- Simone Biles by far the most-mentioned Team USA athlete on Twitter during Tokyo Olympics
- US Women’s National Team players’ association calls identical contract proposal ‘PR stunts’
- Likely Rookie of the Year Michaela Onyenwere Has Surpassed Expectations