On a Sunday afternoon in June, Sophia Gorriarian celebrated her 16th birthday in a state 3,000 miles from where she lives in Rhode Island. The youngest athlete running in the 2021 U.S. Olympic Track and Field Trials, Gorriaran was just four days away from one of the biggest 800-meter races of her life, on the biggest stage she had ever competed. While she’s already a world-class athlete as a rising junior in high school, and a star lacrosse player for Moses Brown School and the Mass Elite Lacrosse Club, Gorriaran is still just a kid. Read More
- Jorien ter Mors, first woman to win medals in two sports at one Winter Olympics, retires
- Leading SEC women’s basketball scorer Rickea Jackson to transfer from Mississippi State Bulldogs
- Jessica and Nelly Korda: The ‘built-in best buddies’ taking the golfing world by storm
- Teenagers make history for Iran and Kenya at Australian Open
- She’s a 56-year-old former figure skater. Now she’s coaching kids and Capitals.