A sellout crowd of 22,000 fans packed Banc of California Stadium in Los Angeles on Friday for a party unlike any the National Women’s Soccer League has ever seen. Angel City FC hosted its first regular-season match, rolling out the pink carpet (because red would be too on-trend) for a who’s-who list of celebrity owners, players who waited full careers for the moment and fans who willed the team into existence. Read More
- Sam Coffey finds ways to serve the USWNT in the absence of playing time
- ESPN: Elena Rybakina, Aryna Sabalenka reach Australian Open fina
- NBC SPORTS: Mikaela Shiffrin wins again, moves two away from Ingemar Stenmark’s record
- ESPN: The USWNT misses Julie Ertz, but the midfield must plan for a World Cup without her. What now?
- FRONT OFFICE SPORTS: Travel Concerns Become Focal Point for WNBA Players, Teams