In recent years, however, American Nordic skiers have gained significant funding from U.S. Ski and Snowboard, and from individual donors such as the Shelby Cullom Davis Charitable Fund. The team now has its own wax truck, nutritionist, physical therapist and sports psychologist. The bump in funding and support has coincided with the team’s mounting success. Read the full article at the NY Times.
- U.S.-Japan Gold Medal Game Proves Softball Deserves Olympic Sport Status
- Time For The End Of The Teen Gymnast
- Simone Biles Explains Withdrawal: “I Just Don’t Trust Myself As Much As I Used To”
- Girls Drop Out Of Youth Sports At Twice The Rate Of Boys. Serena Williams Wants To Change That
- Olympic broadcasters curb sexual images of female athletes