Black women’s excellence is continuously undermined in a world that refuses to even recognize their humanity. In the case of the South African runner Caster Semenya, the latest ruling on the legality of her body exemplifies how discrimination is codified in the very systems that should recognize bodily dignity and autonomy, and a black woman’s right to exist and run free.
- Sept 13 – Sept 19, Highlights and Lowlights
- Williams, Rapinoe, Biles: Who are the top 10 highest paid sportswomen today?
- Simone Biles by far the most-mentioned Team USA athlete on Twitter during Tokyo Olympics
- US Women’s National Team players’ association calls identical contract proposal ‘PR stunts’
- Likely Rookie of the Year Michaela Onyenwere Has Surpassed Expectations