Grand Slam winner Naomi Osaka has been open about being inspired by Venus and Serena Williams while on the road to becoming the tennis champ she is today. After partnering with Nike and Laureus Sport for Good on a Japan-based initiative to do the same and get more girls active in sports, Osaka announced that her Play Academy is expanding to Los Angeles and Haiti.
- For Courtney Vandersloot, Allie Quigley, winning title was extra special
- Lynn Williams, USWNT and NWSL star – ‘If I can inspire only one person, I think I’ve done my job’
- FIFA assemble advisory board to develop women’s football
- National Women’s Soccer League names Maria Messing interim CEO
- What’s next for the WNBA? “Expansion is on the horizon”