At UFC 268, Rose Namajunas successfully defended her strawweight title with a split-decision win over Zhang Weili. The win presumably should have set up Namajunas for a rematch with former champion Carla Esparza, but following the bout, UFC President Dana White ruled out Esparza, saying that “you don’t sit around and wait for a title shot.” It was an unexpected declaration from White, but if the UFC holds to it, there is a volunteer ready to let Esparza earn another crack at the belt: former foe Joanna Jedrzejczyk.
- Girls track team members suspended after sports bra controversy
- Michigan State’s Jenna Magness named Women’s Track Athlete of Big Ten Championships
- Shelby Houlihan Loses Appeal of Doping Ban
- 50 Years of Title IX: How One Law Changed Women’s Sports Forever
- Colorado Rockies TV reporter Kelsey Wingert recovering after being struck in head by foul ball