It’s one of the guiding principles of journalism, the reporter should never become the story. Every now and then though, you find a reporter’s story too good not to tell. In 2018, Dave Kindred received the PEN/ESPN Lifetime Achievement Award for Literary Sportswriting, it was intended as a final bit of punctuation on a gilded career. Little did the presenters know, Kindred was still churning out column after column; sweating deadlines; interviewing athletes after exhilarating wins and deflating losses. Read More
- Sept 13 – Sept 19, Highlights and Lowlights
- Williams, Rapinoe, Biles: Who are the top 10 highest paid sportswomen today?
- Simone Biles by far the most-mentioned Team USA athlete on Twitter during Tokyo Olympics
- US Women’s National Team players’ association calls identical contract proposal ‘PR stunts’
- Likely Rookie of the Year Michaela Onyenwere Has Surpassed Expectations