American teenager Coco Gauff stormed to her second career singles title as she comfortably dispatched Wang Qiang 6-1, 6-3 at the Emilia-Romagna Open in Parma, Italy, in her first clay-court final on Saturday. The 17-year-old Gauff also won the doubles title with Caty McNally, defeating Darija Jurak and Andreja Klepac 6-3, 6-2 to become the youngest player to complete the singles/doubles sweep in nearly 17 years, since Maria Sharapova won both titles in Birmingham in 2004, just 92 days after Gauff was born. Read More
- No. 3 Badosa into 3rd round in Paris with win over Juvan
- Title IX was intended to close the gender gap in college athletics. But schools are rigging the numbers.
- Teri McKeever, Olympic swim coach, on paid leave from Cal after reports of abuse
- Marianne Stanley out as head coach of Indiana Fever; Carlos Knox named interim coach
- ‘Still Massively Undervalued’ – Alexis Ohanian Expects Wife Serena Williams to Break More Records Despite Scripting $266,400 Rookie Card History