Ms. Timanovskaya, a 24-year-old sprinter whose specialty is the 200 meters, became the center of an international scandal after her delegation forcibly tried to send her home from the Games. She had complained in an Instagram video that her coaches registered her for an event she hadn’t trained for, the 4×400-meter relay, because they had failed to conduct enough antidoping tests on other athletes.
- Sept 13 – Sept 19, Highlights and Lowlights
- Williams, Rapinoe, Biles: Who are the top 10 highest paid sportswomen today?
- Simone Biles by far the most-mentioned Team USA athlete on Twitter during Tokyo Olympics
- US Women’s National Team players’ association calls identical contract proposal ‘PR stunts’
- Likely Rookie of the Year Michaela Onyenwere Has Surpassed Expectations