Nobody was speaking about Anna Kiesenhofer ahead of the Tokyo 2020 women’s road race, but they certainly are now.The Austrian rider was considered a novice compared to her competitors, notably defending champion Anna van der Breggen, former Olympic bronze medalist Elisa Longo Borghini, Britain’s Lizzie Deignan, Germany’s Lisa Brennauer and former world title champion Annemiek van Vleuten. But Kiesenhofer, who only turned pro in 2017, wasn’t flustered by the world-class roster. Instead, she powered through the 147-kilometer course, battling blistering heat and grueling humidity to secure Austria’s first cycling Olympic gold medal since 1896. Read More
- Tina Charles joins Seattle Storm for remainder of season
- Rutgers hires Nikki McCray-Penson as assistant women’s basketball coach
- Alex Scott: I will carry on despite sexist abuse
- Mercury coach Vanessa Nygaard, Aces star A’ja Wilson call for Brittney Griner’s return
- She Was WWE’s First Female Referee. She Says Vince McMahon Raped Her. Rita Chatterton does not want to be forgotten.