Washington promoted Jennifer King to assistant running backs coach, making her the first Black woman with a full-time N.F.L. coaching job, amid increasing scrutiny on the diversity of the league’s hiring. Read in full at the NY Times.
- Sept 13 – Sept 19, Highlights and Lowlights
- Williams, Rapinoe, Biles: Who are the top 10 highest paid sportswomen today?
- Simone Biles by far the most-mentioned Team USA athlete on Twitter during Tokyo Olympics
- US Women’s National Team players’ association calls identical contract proposal ‘PR stunts’
- Likely Rookie of the Year Michaela Onyenwere Has Surpassed Expectations