In an opinion piece published by The Washington Post on Sunday (28 March), Rapinoe, who is a lesbian, described how being able to play sports as a child “shaped my life’s path”. She said it taught her “so much more than is seen on the field and brought me so much joy”. So Rapinoe said she believed that “all kids, including transgender youth, should be able to participate in sports they love”. Read More
- Rachael Blackmore first female jockey to win Grand National
- Second-gen stars Pippen, Rodman burst to pro sports scene
- Simone Biles, the world’s most dominant gymnast, has something new for Tokyo
- Aubrey Bledsoe’s present is on the soccer pitch. Her future, she hopes, is in the boardroom.
- Two Sports, a Fast Time and Some Questions